You may have heard dialogues like My Baby is Going to be a Doctor or You Look Like a Doctor, which are often spoken in our country. As soon as you are born, your parents start deciding what you will do for a living. Yet, you can get to know the true personality of a person through his or her attitude, personality, interests, skills, and knowledge. That’s why most people don’t hold the jobs they dreamed of as children. You can better analyze yourself when you reach puberty. All students pursuing medicine are a blessing to the next generation. As a doctor in our country, you are given the highest respect and appointed. But the most important question is this: Why do you want to be a doctor?
We discuss the different types of medical courses available in our country. But before we get to the heart of the matter, let’s give a quick morale boost to students who want to join the medical fraternity. Being a doctor is a big responsibility. Being a good doctor requires some of these skills: grit, communication, understanding, patience, decision making, leadership, and a long way to go. In our country, there are many medical school programs to choose from. As students, many people don’t know that there are different types of courses. Most of them focus on the role of the Chief Medical Officer. But there are other alternatives to MBBS. To find out more, here is a selection of all the medical courses you can take.
Usually, after completing 10 + 2, you don’t have enough time to evaluate which stream is best for you. Therefore, it would be best if you focus on your goal and prepare for the exams. Some students hastily choose the wrong stream, resulting in a lack of interest in their lifelong profession. Such people have a great chance of disturbing the peace of mind. Therefore, to achieve 100% satisfaction, you need to know which way to go.
Studying medicine is like being reasonable and logical about every part of the body. If you don’t know enough about the subjects and courses to take after high school, we can point you in the right direction. Don’t worry if you don’t have someone with medical training at home. If you make an impulse decision, it may affect your subsequent decision. Be wise and patiently choose a path for a better life in the future. Here are some of the best medical courses available in our country:
1. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
It is one of the most sought after and highly regarded courses in the country. If you want to become a doctor or surgeon, you will need to take the MBBS course as a UG course to gain entry to the PG. Taking this course is the first step to getting the job of your dreams. Here are some things you all need to know before choosing this course:
- Qualifier – NEET UG
- The duration of the course is 5.5 years (including a compulsory internship of one year).
- Payment Terms – Depending on your NEET-UG scores, you will receive public or private medical education. Rates range from 50,000 to 15 blacks per year.
- Admission criteria – (i) You must complete the sixth form with an overall score of 50% or more.
- (ii) they must meet the requirements of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.
2. Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS)
BDS is the second most popular medical school in the country. Students who do not qualify for MBBS are generally considered BDS. But many of them choose this path willingly. Therefore, there should be no discrimination with regard to a particular course. It generally focuses on the structures, functions, diseases, and management related to the teeth and oral cavity. Here is some information about the BDS course:
- Competitive examinations – NEET UG
- The duration of the course is 5 years, of which one year is a mandatory internship.
- Cost – Depending on the institution you join, it will cost you between $25,000 and $10 per year.
- Eligibility Criteria – The eligibility criteria for BDS are similar to those for MBBS. However, you can be admitted to dental school with a lower score, as opposed to a BDS.
3. Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
The study of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery has its roots in ancient India. Ayurveda is a Sanskrit term consisting of two words: ayur, meaning life, and Veda, meaning science. The study of the therapeutic and preventive aspects of the disease with natural herbs is known as Ayurveda. If you want to know more about healing through Indian mythology, here’s how to get into BAMS:
- Qualifying match – NEET, EAMCET, Assam CEE
- The duration of the course is 5 and a half years.
- The required fee is 20,000 to 4 shortages per year.
- Admission Criteria – The admission criteria for most medical programs require a high school graduation rate of 50% or higher. In addition, qualification for the relevant selection tests.
Becoming a BAMS physician allows you to practice medicine and surgery and provides you with your own facility. People who cannot be treated with allopathic medicines generally look for biological medicines. Nowadays, even people prefer herbal medicines to avoid side effects. All thanks to the God of Ayurveda!
4. Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
The main purpose of the discovery of homeopathic medicines was to reduce the frequency of side effects during their use. Therefore, homeopathic medicine will not react negatively to a healthy person. This is why most people prefer homeopathic medicines over allopathic ones. Because some people have less resistance to the disease, it can be fatal in normal people.
As a result, the attitude and clinical practice of homeopathy is widespread in our country. Here is some information for students who want to take this course:
- The duration of the course is 5.5 years, one year of which is an obligatory internship. (Either from your college or another college after approval).
- Qualification examinations – NEET, CET, and private institution examinations.
- Fee requirements – 30,000 to 4 shortages per year.
5. Physiotherapy permit (BPT)
Physical therapists are doctors who treat physical problems such as joint pain, muscle stiffness, pain, and the aftermath of primary surgery to restore or improve the functions of your body. The options for physical therapists in our country are expanding every day, as people choose a variety of physical therapy treatments. If you want to get a degree in physical therapy, here are some requirements:
- The duration of the course is four and a half years.
- Admission exams – NET exams, state SET exams, JIPMER exams, MPS exams, and other exams for private institutions.
- The fees to be paid are between 15,000 and 90,000 per year.
6. Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V. Sc. & AH)
In recent years, people’s love and affection for pets have increased incredibly. They also need medical treatment and routine checkups, just like humans. But can you imagine a hospital scenario where animals and humans are treated? That would be a lot dirtier than you can imagine. As a result, the practice and working conditions of veterinarians differ from those of other medical students. Here is some information on the subject:
- Course duration – 5 years
- Pre-qualification tests – 12,000-1 not per year
- Payment requests – LTIP and NEET
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nursing is the most basic medical education in our country. She is involved in the admission, observation, preoperative and postoperative care of patients. Can you imagine how the stress doctors feel when the nurses are gone? When a physician manages patients with POD, the nurses are the people who manage the inpatient area of the hospital. It is therefore one of the most important medical colleges in India. Here are some details about nursing education:
- Course duration – 4 years
- Qualifying exams – AIIMS. B. Sc, AFMC. B. Sc, and other examinations of private institutions.
- Payment needs range from 10,000 to 80,000 per year.
8. Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga (BNYS)
This is a new and unique course that is developing rapidly in our country. People who like the self-healing mechanism of the body should opt for the BNYS course. It is interesting to know how the human body has self-healing powers without the use of drugs.
- Course duration – 5.5 years
- Qualifying exams are 10 + 2 on merit.
- Fee requirements – between 8,000 and 50,000 per annum
We hope you have made a decision after careful consideration of each course. We should be forced to choose the medical stream. There is nothing better than serving the human population. Every time you save a patient’s life, you get a thousand wishes for happiness. In addition, our country needs more people to handle situations such as pandemics and other emergencies.