The data is considered a treasure trove and it is possible to extract a lot of analytical information from it. You can use the data to predict future trends, and it helps companies forecast demand. All this valuable information helps companies plan their operational capabilities. Apart from the production capacity, the data also helps the companies to make informed decisions. Moreover, based on these forecasts and predictive analytics, the investments required for ongoing operations are planned.
Analytics, such as sentiment analysis, can help companies predict reactions to a product before it hits the market. Many exit polls also use sentiment analysis to predict election results. It uses data from tweets and other social media. One could say that data can be used anywhere and is an important part of the decision-making process. They help companies optimize their performance and costs.
Many methods and tools have been developed for data analysis, which are also used in Big Data analysis. If you don’t know what Big Data actually is, let’s say that the only difference between data and Big Data is its size. Big Data can be terabytes in size and difficult to analyze. Therefore, big data analytics is considered a totally different field. To meet the demand of the business community, many educational institutions have developed courses on big data analysis. If you are also interested in this type of course, you have come to the right place. We can help you learn more about big data analytics and related courses.
More on data analysis
If you are already working in computer science or code development, it will be easier for you to learn these concepts, but don’t worry if you don’t have these skills. You can learn about Big Data analysis without knowing anything about development. As you learn the basics, you will also be introduced to programs such as SQL Database, Sharepoint, Microsoft Access and the most basic Microsoft Excel programs. This sector has been at the forefront in recent years and the demand for Big Data Analytics has increased significantly. Today, data analysts play an important role in the healthcare, media, food and beverage, manufacturing and service industries.
You can change your profile even if you already have a lot of experience. Extensive experience in a particular field will help you become a data analyst for SMEs. The bottom line is that experience in a particular field will help you better understand the data in that field. Stop talking about big data analytics. Before we move on, we will talk about the selection criteria related to big data analysis so that you can understand whether this course is right for you or not.
Large-scale data analysis course – eligibility criteria and proficiency requirements
In this section of the page, we will talk about the selection criteria, as this is always the most important part when you are considering taking a course. It should be noted that courses on Big Data are available at different levels, including undergraduate courses, graduate courses and certification courses. Depending on your current qualifications and the amount of time you have available, you can take the course.
- If you are already a graduate student, you can choose a doctoral program in big data analysis. These courses are available in full-time and part-time models.
- If you are working and do not have years of free education, you can also opt for a certification course. Most working professionals take a certification course because it gives them valuable knowledge in the field.
- To be admitted to the appropriate college, you must have achieved at least 60% of the qualification you currently hold. You must also have a basic understanding of statistics.
- Suppose you are considering taking a course at a higher level. In this case, you should have completed 10+2; however, if you plan to pursue graduate studies, we recommend that you complete a degree in statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Many universities require a minimum of two years of professional experience. Therefore, consult the website of the relevant higher education institution for the admission requirements.
We’ve talked about the selection criteria, but you may also want to know more about the skills you need to excel in this field. See the details in the points below.
- You should have good analytical and problem solving skills. It is also good to have statistical skills for a Big Data Analysis course.
- You must have a high degree of concentration and be able to recognize patterns.
- You must have good communication skills, and it complements your programming skills.
- You must also have good decision-making skills and the ability to interpret data.
- You must also be able to think critically and have an eye for detail.
Data analysis: Disciplines and curricula
In this section we will discuss the students and the program related to the analysis of large data sets. You can take this course in several disciplines, see the list below. It would be great to take any of these courses, and we encourage you to choose one based on your interests.
- Business and management information system
- Information Technology
- Information Management
These are core subjects and the curriculum remains more or less the same. Many topics are covered in this course, but we have listed the most important ones below.
- Integration of large amounts of data
- System for modeling and managing large data sets
- Data Processing
- Problems with the analysis of voluminous data
- Descriptive statistics
- Preferred Statistics
- Graphical evaluation
- Machine learning
- Prescriptive analysis
- Regression Method
- Analysis of regression and variance
Analysis of the data: the admission process
In this section of the page, we have provided an overview of the registration process during the comprehensive data analysis. You can read the details below.
- If you are considering taking a course at the certified level, it is not essential. You need to select the institute in advance and then you can register for the course based on specialization and other such details.
- If you want to take a course, you must first qualify for that course. If you qualify, you can fill out an application form at the relevant college. IIT and many other colleges offer this course through exams such as JEE and AIEEE. Some management institutes offer this course through management entrance exams. You can check the type of entrance test and apply for it. If you have passed the entrance exam, you have to take an exam to get admission.
- If you are planning to pursue postgraduate studies in big data analytics, you should look at the entrance exams. The most common entrance exams are the GMAT and the CAT. Most universities offer courses based on the results of these two exams. You must also take the GD & PI courses during consultation to pass the entrance exams. Some colleges also offer admission based on merit. If you perform well academically, chances are you will be admitted based on your performance.
- For the PhD, the criteria and procedure differ from university to university. Therefore, you should check with the college/university you are interested in.
Data analysis: top schools in India
There are many colleges and universities in India that offer great data analytics courses. If you are looking for a certification course, you can enroll in platforms like Coursera, PluralSight and Udemy. Please note that this is our personal opinion and there are many other colleges to choose from. If you are interested in this course, please check out the best colleges from the list below.
- University of Christ
- University of Intellectual Property
- Amity University
- University of Delhi
- Mumbai University
- S.P. Jane College
- NM College
Analysis of key data: scope and career opportunities
In the end, it’s all about work and the rewards you deserve. You can easily get good roles once you complete the course. In most cases, the role will be an amalgamation of a management role and a technical role. The responsibilities will depend on the position you hold. You can also select an area before making your choice. Below is information on the different area options after completing the course.
- economic information
- data security
- Data Quality
- Higher Education
Below are the titles of the positions available after training.
- Main Analysis
- business analyst
- Management Consultant
- Data Analyst
- Head of Operations
- Project Manager
- Vice President
The main functions vary according to the function, but the general functions are listed below.
- Development of document management processes.
- Acceptance and maintenance of data models.
- Evaluate and implement predictive analytics needed to support operations.
- Control and audit of data for quality assurance purposes.
- Preparation of documents for business needs.
- Data collection and survey design.
- Create visualizations of data, charts and dashboards.
- Make an analysis by industry or product.
- Analysis of large amounts of data and presentation of data in addition.
- Providing information to management to make important business decisions.
Normally, the salary after a major analysis course starts at Rs. lakhs 10 per year. It varies mainly according to the city, destination, organization and level of experience. The salary is bound to increase as you progress in your career. Some language experts like R, SAS, Python earn more than 25 lakh per annum. There is no denying that analysis of voluminous data is an excellent avenue and the demand will increase in the coming years.
Data analysis: Top employers
While taking the course, you may even want to learn about the best employers in this field so that you can prepare accordingly. Below are the top employers for Big Data Analytics in India.
- Amazon India
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Ernst & Young
- Goldman Sack
- Global Logic
- HCL Technologies
- IMS Health INC
- Analysis of Latenet’s views
- Bench SAXO
- Tata Consulting Services
- Wells Fargo
- WNS Global Services
- Wipro Technologies
- Wunderman Inc.
- Zyme Solutions
So far we have covered all the details of the course on big data analysis. You can now choose a course based on your interests. We are sure that the information provided here will also help you in choosing your career path and the university where you wish to enroll. You can take Big Data Analytics courses from India or even go abroad. If you are a working professional, take an accelerated certification course that will give you in-depth knowledge and practical experience. If you have any questions about the Big Data Analytics course, you can write to us and we will try to answer them quickly.
Frequently asked questions
What is the scope of Big Data analysis?
Big Data Analytics Management Consultant. Consultant for Business Intelligence and Business Analysis.
What are the rights of the data analyst?
To become a data analyst, you must first obtain a license, which is a requirement for most entry-level data analyst positions. Disciplines include finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science and information management.
What are the costs of data analysis?